Is Angel Investment Right for your Business?
A COMMUNITY WHERE INVESTORS CAN CONNECT WITH SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN THE CARIBBEAN
The thought of receiving a cash injection into your business is always attractive, and when it comes with experience and knowledge the appeal is even greater. Often referred to as ‘SMART money’ due to the combination of financial and intellectual capital, despite the attractiveness of Angel Investment there are a number of considerations that should not be overlooked.
- Are you willing to take on a business partner?
- Are you willing to sell equity in your company and share control in exchange for funding and mentorship?
- Could your business use the knowledge of an experienced business person?
- Do you have an innovative high growth business that can scale into overseas markets (export potential)?
- Could your business grow exponentially with additional cash investment?
- Can you demonstrate that your business can generate significant returns for investors in 5 years?
- Can you articulate the exit strategy for the investor? (How would they get a return on their investment)
The Caribbean Business Angel Network (CBAN) aims to improve access to investment opportunities throughout the Caribbean, for angel investors. It is focused on connecting investors with start-up, early-stage and growth companies seeking finance; increasing Caribbean deal flow.
ENTREPRENEURS JOINING CBAN WILL:
- Showcase their businesses to accredited Angel Investors
- Gain access to international industry level knowledge on Angel Investing
- Be offered assistance in the preparation of pitches
- Be offered follow-up support during the deal negotiation