Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is the regional trade and investment promotion agency focused on building a resilient Caribbean by providing cutting-edge and high-impact support to the private sector. The Agency works to expand the trade potential of the region by supporting private sector development, attracting foreign investment and building the capacity of regional business support organisations. Headquartered in Barbados, with a sub-regional office in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Export is funded and supported by the 15 members states of CARIFORUM. The Agency also partners with many regional and international donors, including the EU, IADB and CDB.
Caribbean Export is seeking a Consultant – Audit/Finance Assistant to assist the Manager-Operations with ongoing audits and work directly with the external auditors. The Consultant will also support the Finance Team with policy formulation and other agreed deliverables during the consultancy period.
Reporting to the Manager- Operations, the Consultant will contribute significantly to the accountability and transparency of Caribbean Export and support the operational efficiency of the Agency.
- Assist the Manager-Operations with the preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and audit schedules for outstanding audits
- Advise on accounting entries and perform reconciliations of sub-ledgers and general ledger accounts, including related-party accounts and foreign currency transactions
- Act as the internal and external audit liaison, respond to audit queries and provide supporting documentation for audit samples
- Provide input into policy formulation to update the Agency’s finance and operations procedures and processes
- Assist the Finance team with physical filing of documents, and on Sharepoint
Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project- related audit requests by donors. The Consultant will be required to liaise with the Sub Regional Office on audit related queries.
Download the full terms of reference below.
Deadline for Application
Deadline for application is 4:00pm (AST) on Monday 19th February 2024. You will be required to provide copies of your academic qualifications with the application. All applications should be emailed to [email protected]with the subject ‘Consultant – Audit/Finance Assistant’.